Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, September 22, 2008

RIP Grandpa

We just got home today from my grandpa's funeral. He passed Thursday September 18 on his and my grandma's 60th wedding anniversary. We drove up to South Bend Sunday morning for the viewing. After the viewing all the aunts/uncles/cousins were going out to dinner. Most of us were at the restuarant and the other's took my grandma home to get her settled for the night before meeting us. They ended up having to call 911 for her because she was delerious and weak. They took her to the hospital and she has fluid on her lungs (which we already knew) and a blood clot in her leg. They are keeping her for a few days so she missed the funeral this morning. Hopefully she will be able to leave the hospital soon. Even though it was bad circumstances, it was nice to see family I haven't seen in several years.

2 comments:

Missy!! said...

Aww.. I'm so sorry to hear that about your grandpa.. and you poor grandma too. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Rajean B. said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I hope your grandma gets well and is able to go home soon. You and your family are in my prayers.